Athabasca, Alberta – On July 28, 2022, Athabasca RCMP, Alberta Law Enforcement Response Team (ALERT), Eastern Alberta Crime Reduction Unit, Boyle and Wabasca-Desmarais detachments executed two search warrants at two separate residences. One residence located in the town of Athabasca and one located in the County of Athabasca.
Months long investigation into drug trafficking culminated into a seizure of:
· 448 grams of Cocaine with an approximate street value $66,800.00
· 2 kilograms of Marijuana
· A stolen Glock 9mm pistol
· A Conducted Energy Weapon
· $22,000.00 cash
A 45-year-old male from Athabasca was arrested and charged with the following:
· Possession of Cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
· Possession of illicit cannabis
· Possession of the proceeds of crime over $5000
Robert Harrison (37) of Athabasca, Alta., was arrested and charged with the following:
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm
· Careless storage of a firearm
· Possession of a restricted weapon
· Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
· Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
The 45-year-old male was released from custody and is scheduled to appear in Athabasca Provincial Court on September 26, 2022. Following a Judicial Interim Release hearing Harrison was released from custody and is scheduled to appear in Athabasca Provincial Court on August 22,2022.
Athabasca RCMP encourage the public to report any criminal or suspicious activity to your local police. Reports tell us where to look, who to look for, and where to patrol in the future. If you see a crime in progress, dial 911. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Athabasca RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".