Airdrie, Alberta – On August 12, 2022, at 8:19 a.m., Airdrie RCMP responded to the Coopers town promenade parking lot in relation to a suspicious vehicle complaint. Airdrie RCMP located a 2003 BMW car occupied by a female. The female was arrested on a traffic safety act warrant held by Calgary Police Service.
A search of the vehicle resulted in a several weapons and ammunition being found. The weapons included a shotgun, crossbow, knife, snap gun, and hatchet. Stolen government identification and tools commonly used in break ins (pry bars, bolt cutters and lock picks) were also found. The license plate of the vehicle was found to have been forged.
Ashley Candice Steele (32) of Calgary, has been charged with the following criminal offences:
· Possession of break in instruments (x2)
· Unlawful possession of an identity document
· Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm
· Possession of an unauthorized firearm
· Possession of firearm in an unauthorized place
· Uttering a forged document
· Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 (x3)
Steele was remanded into custody and will appear in Airdrie Provincial Court on August 25, 2022.
If you have any information regarding this incident, please contact Airdrie RCMP at 403-945-7200. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Airdrie RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".