Winnipeg, Manitoba – In July 2022, the Winnipeg Police Service’s Guns & Gangs Unit entered a drug trafficking/firearms investigation involving a residence within the City of Winnipeg.
Through their investigation, the Guns & Gangs Unit identified a suspect believed to be involved.
On July 18, 2022, assisted by the North District Community Support Unit and the Tactical Support Team, investigators executed search warrants at the suspect’s residence in the 100 block of Bannatyne Avenue. The suspect was not located within the residence. The following items were seized as evidence:
– Loaded Glock 43 ( 9 mm)
– various 9 mm ammunition
– approximately 13 ounces of cocaine (Estimated Street Value = $26,000)
– between $15,000 and $20,000 in currency
– Cellular phones
– Score sheets
On August 17, 2022, investigators placed the suspect under arrest without incident.
A 44-year-old male of Winnipeg is facing the following charges:
– Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
– Possession of a Loaded Restricted Firearm
– Possession of a Firearm Contrary to a Prohibition Order
– Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime (Smuggled)
– Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
– Possession of Proceeds Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
He was released on an Undertaking as mandated by the Criminal Code.
Guns & Gangs Search Warrant – Arrest: C22-160193
Winnipeg Police ServiceSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".