Grimshaw, Alberta – On Oct. 21, 2022, members of Peace Regional detachment, with the assistance of the RCMP Emergency Response Team and Police Dog Service executed a search warrant at a residence in the town of Grimshaw following a firearms investigation by the Peace River General Investigation Section.
A search of the location was completed, resulting in the seizure of the following items:
· 80 grams of methamphetamine
· Various amounts of fentanyl and cocaine
· An SKS semi-automatic rifle
· A conducted energy weapon and various edged weapons
Clifford William Carifelle (33), and Cheyanne Geissler (21), residents of Grimshaw, and Jordin Dwyer (27), a resident of Berwyn, have been charged with:
· Possession for the purpose of trafficking
· Possession of a controlled substance (x2)
· Possession of a prohibited weapon (x2)
· Possession of a firearm without holding a license (x2)
· Careless storage of a firearm
Carifelle is further charged with:
· Possession of a firearm while prohibited
· Possession of ammunition while prohibited
· Possession of a crossbow while prohibited
· Failing to comply with release order (x3)
Carifelle was remanded into custody pending a bail hearing, and is next scheduled to appear in Peace River Provincial Court on Oct. 31, 2022. Geissler and Dwyer have been released from custody and are also scheduled to appear in Peace River Provincial Court on Oct. 31, 2022.
If you have information about this incident or any other illegal activity, please call the Peace Regional RCMP at 780-624-6677 or your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Peace Regional RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".