Drumheller, Alberta – Drumheller General Investigative Section have recovered stolen property, seized weapons, drugs, and laid charges following an investigation into a series of Break and Enters, including to Canada Post locations in Carbon, Sundre, and Cremona, Alta.
On Sep. 22, 2022, Airdrie RCMP were dispatched to the Petro Canada on Edmonton Trail where it was identified that a verbal altercation occurred. A male retrieved a firearm from a vehicle and pointed it at the victim.
On Oct. 10, 2022, Didsbury RCMP were dispatched to a report of a break and enter to the Cremona Canada Post; and, an investigation was conducted.
On Oct. 15, 2022, Drumheller RCMP were dispatched to a report of an attempted break and enter of the Carbon Bottle Depot and the theft of a 2019 Ford F150. On Oct. 17, 2022, Calgary Police Service recovered the stolen 2019 Ford F150 in the Falcon Ridge area of Calgary.
On Oct. 23, 2022, Drumheller RCMP were dispatched to a report of a break and enter to the Carbon Canada Post and Carbon Farmers Exchange; in addition, a second attempt of a break and enter to the Carbon Bottle Depot.
On Nov. 16, 2022, Sundre RCMP were dispatched to a report of a break and enter to the Sundre Canada Post.
On Nov. 23, 2022, Drumheller RCMP with the assistance of Calgary Police Service, Calgary Police Tac Team, RCMP Crime Reduction Unit, Federal Serious and Organized Crime, Crime Reduction Intelligence Analyst, Sundre RCMP, a Canada Post Inspector, and Drumheller GIS, executed a warrant in Calgary, where it was believed that items stolen from three of the break and enters were being stored. As a result of the search, police located and seized the following:
· Stolen Property from the Cremona, Carbon, and Sundre Canada Post Break and Enters
· A large quantity of stolen mail
· Clothing and tools utilized in the Cremona, Carbon, and Sundre Canada Post Break and Enters
· What is believed to be Methamphetamine and Psilocybin
· A black airsoft gun believed to have been used in the commission of an offence
· An extendable baton
Matthew Hreczuch (37), and Becca Wood-Stairs (27), both residents of Calgary, have been charged with:
· Break and Enter to commit theft (x4)
· Theft of Mail (x3)
· Disguise with intent (x4)
· Possession of break in instruments.
In addition, Hreczuch was individually charged with the following:
· Break and Enter
· Theft of Mail
· Possession of Break in instruments x 2
· Breach of Firearms/ Weapons Prohibition x 4
· Pointing a Firearm
· Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
· Utter Threats
Hreczuch has three separate court dates. They are as follows:
· Calgary Provincial Court on Nov.25, 2022, for the charges as a result of the Airdrie incident.
· Drumheller Provincial Court on Nov. 25, 2022, for the charges as a result of the Carbon incident.
· Didsbury Provincial Court on Nov. 28, 2022, for the charges as a result of the Sundre and Cremona incidents.
Wood-Stairs was released from custody on a Release Order and is scheduled to appear in Didsbury Provincial Court on Dec. 5, 2022, for the charges as a result of the Sundre and Cremona incidents, and in Drumheller Provincial Court on Dec. 9, 2022, for the charges arising in Carbon.
S/Sgt. Rob Harms, Drumheller Detachment Commander, states, “This was a complex and multi jurisdictional investigation that involved several persons being victimized. The success of the investigation demonstrates the abilities and determination of our investigators and partner agencies to hold persons accountable for their actions and is another step to ensure safe and secure communities.”
Drumheller RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".