Grande Prairie, Alberta – Grande Prairie rural officers partnered with MD of Greenview Enforcement Services and Conservation officers to conduct snowmobile compliance checks in the Kakwa area South of Grande Prairie.
Approximately 170 snowmobile operators were checked resulting in 33 provincial violations issued. RCMP officers conducted Mandatory Alcohol Screening which resulted in three impaired operators that were immediately taken off the trails, served Immediate Roadside Sanctions and their snowmobiles towed.
“Impaired driving comes in many forms,” says Cpl James Johnston of Grande Prairie RCMP. “Driving a snowmobile while impaired by drugs or alcohol endangers everyone on the trail.”
Grande Prairie RCMP reminds the public to keep safety in mind when snowmobiling and offer the following tips:
· Check the weather conditions before you leave.
· Let someone know your route, planned destination, and return time
· Wear proper clothing, including a helmet to keep you warm and safe.
· Ride in groups and carry a cell phone.
· Pack additional food and water and fire making equipment.
· Have a map and note any available shelters.
· Ride sober! Drinking alcohol and using drugs while operating a snowmobile don’t mix.
Grande Prairie RCMP
Correction – Grande Prairie rural officers partnered with MD of Greenview Enforcement Services and Conservation officers.Social Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".