Drayton Valley, Alberta – On Feb. 25, 2023, RCMP’s Western Alberta District Crime Reduction Unit attempted to locate and arrest 44-year-old Warren David Parenteau who was wanted on warrant after fleeing a traffic stop on Feb. 9, 2023. At approx. 11 a.m., officers located Parenteau driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee pulling an enclosed trailer. Officers waited until they observed Parenteau was out of the vehicle before approaching. Once officers approached, Patenteau jumped back into the Jeep and proceeded to ram two police vehicles in an attempt to flee. Parenteau then became stuck and was subsequently arrested.
Checks on the vehicle and trailer revealed that both were stolen as were both licence plates. A search of the vehicle revealed:
· Brass knuckles
· A hunting knife
· Air soft pistol
· Break-in tools
Parenteau has been charged with:
· Possession of stolen property over $5000 (x2)
· Possession of stolen property under $5000 (x2)
· Fraudulent concealment (x2)
· Possession of prohibited weapon
· Possession of weapon for dangerous purposes (x3)
· Breach of weapons prohibition (x4)
· Possession of ammunition contrary to prohibition (x2)
· Possession of break-in tools
· Flight from Police
· Dangerous operation of a Motor Vehicle
· Resist/Obstruct arrest
· Mischief under $5000 (x2)
· Alter vehicle identification number
· Failure to comply with probation
Parenteau has been taken before a justice of the peace and remanded in custody with his next court date set for March 1, 2023, at Stony Plain Provincial Court.
RCMP Western Alberta District Crime Reduction UnitSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".