Grande Prairie, Alberta – On Feb. 23, 2023 officers with the Grande Prairie RCMP Crime Reduction Unit (CRU) located a vehicle associated to a male with outstanding warrants. CRU attempted a traffic stop with the vehicle at which point it fled from police but collided with a second police vehicle arriving to assist. An adult male and female youth passenger were arrested in the vehicle. No police or occupants of the suspect vehicle sustained physical injuries. Both vehicles were damaged as a result of the collision
A search of the vehicle located the following:
· A loaded Ruger pistol with the serial number removed
· 30 grams of suspected cocaine
· Drug packaging materials
· Brass knuckles
· $3800 in Canadian Currency
Andrew Moores (22), a resident of Grande Prairie, has been charged with:
· Flight from police
· Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
· Possession for the purpose of trafficking in a controlled substance (Cocaine)
· Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
· Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
· Unsafe storage of a firearm
· Carry concealed weapon
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
· Possession of a prohibited firearm in a motor vehicle
· Possession of a loaded prohibited firearm
· Possession of firearm knowing the serial number on it had been removed
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm while prohibited
· Failing to comply with release conditions (x3)
At the time of his arrest Moores was wanted on several warrants for similar offences. Following a hearing, Moores was remanded into custody to appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court Mar. 20, 2023.
A 17-year-old female youth who cannot be identified under the Youth Criminal Justice Act was also arrested and charged with possession for the purpose of trafficking in a controlled substance and six firearms related offences. She was released on an undertaking to appear in court Apr. 5, 2023.
Grande Prairie RCMP encourage the public to report any suspicious activity to police. If you see a crime in progress, dial 911.If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Grande Prairie RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".