Blackfalds, Alberta – On May 20, 2023, Blackfalds RCMP and Blackfalds Community Peace officers conducted joint check stops and roving patrols in the town of Blackfalds for National Impaired Driving Enforcement Day.
As a result of these enforcement efforts, officers issued:
· 24 hour suspensions (x3)
· Immediate Roadside Sanctions (x2)
· 1 Commercial driver 3 day suspension
· 1 GDL Novice driver suspension due to alcohol
· Multiple violations under the Traffic Safety Act
· Multiple transport open alcohol tickets
“Impaired driving is the leading cause of criminal death in Canada,”says Cpl. Dallas Trail of the Blackfalds RCMP, “Although we are proud of our enforcement successes, it reminds us that impaired driving continues to be an issue in our community.”
Blackfalds RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".